Lawn insect and disease control services offered in Roswell, Woodstock, and other cities of north Georgia.
We work to eliminate common threats from lawn insects and fungal diseases that seek to destroy your grass.
Putting money into your lawn is a lot, and we know that at TurfXpert. That is why we work to help prevent and eliminate common threats to the health of your lawn like common lawn insects and fungal diseases that can attack grasses in our area.
Our lawn care company offers lawn insect and disease control services to properties in and around Woodstock, Alpharetta, Roswell, and the other surrounding cities in north Georgia.
Common Lawn Diseases Include Dollar Spot, Brown Patch, & More
According to the University of Georgia, we have many different types of lawn disease that can attack both cool-season and warm-season grasses. Some of the more common ones include:
- Dollar Spot: This disease can form in all types of grass and usually pops up when temperatures are between 60-85 degrees Fahrenheit. It shows up as small, circular patches.
- Brown Patch/Large Patch: Brown patch will form in fescue and large patch can be seen in zoysia and Bermuda. It also shows up as brown patches, but usually larger than dollar spot.
- Rust: Rust is named so because it mimics the appearance of rust on metal. This can show up on any type of grass and can eventually kill off the grass.
- Leaf Spot/Melting Out: If you spot purple or black spots on grass blades, then your lawn probably has this disease. It will strike Bermuda, zoysia, fescue, and other types.
- Pythium Blight or Root Rot: Pythium blight attacks fescue, while pythium root rot will go after Bermuda and zoysia. It acts quickly and can destroy a lawn.
Generally, the best way to defend against lawn disease is by opting to enroll in a lawn care program that strengthens your grass.
Armyworms, Fire Ants, Billbugs, & Grubs Can Plague Your Lawn
Along with lawn diseases, we also have several insects that can destroy your grass. These insects will feed on various parts of your grass, or in the case of fire ants, create large mounds that cover the grass underneath and block it from getting nutrients. Lawn insects we commonly encounter in our area of Georgia that can plague lawns include:
- Fire Ants
We can apply pre-emergent and post-emergent treatments to keep these insects from harming your lawn and avoiding the damage they can potentially cause.
Do you have problems with lawn disease or insects killing off your lawn? Contact our company.
In Roswell, Woodstock, Alpharetta, and nearby areas of Georgia, we provide insect control and lawn disease control services to residential, commercial, and HOA properties. If you are having problems with diseases or insects attacking your lawn and killing off your grass, we can help. Contact our company today at (833) 444-8873 to learn more.