Fertilization services for lawns in Roswell, Woodstock, and nearby cities in north Georgia.
Ensure your lawn stays happy and healthy during the growing season with routine treatments.
In our area of north Georgia, we have both cool-season and warm-season grasses. Both types need to be treated in certain ways so that they can thrive, and the lawn care pros at TurfXpert have created a specific schedule to fertilize each one so that your lawn stays happy and healthy.
During the growing season, we provide fertilization services with routine treatments for yards in Roswell, Alpharetta, Woodstock, and neighboring cities of northern Georgia.
Our Fertilization Schedule for Cool-Season Grasses
Throughout north Georgia, fescue is the primary type of cool-season grass that will grow here. Places that are any farther south of us cannot support fescue growth very well. Since it is a cool-season grass, it needs certain specialized treatment. The fertilization schedule we use for this grass is:
- Round 1 (March-April): We start off the growing season with a high nitrogen fertilizer to promote color, growth, and health of the lawn.
- Round 2 (March-April): This second round is with the same type of fertilizer as round 1 to ensure the grass gets a good jumpstart.
- Round 3 (April-June): A low nitrogen fertilizer treatment encourages deep root growth to strengthen your lawn.
- Round 4 (June-August): This is the same type of treatment as round 3.
- Round 5 (August-October): This slow-release fertilizer application helps prepare your lawn for aeration and overseeding.
- Round 6 (October-November): Another slow-release fertilizer treatment helps encourage a higher germination rate after overseeding.
- Round 7 (November-December): This final treatment of slow-release fertilizer helps the fescue get through the cooler months of winter.
How We Fertilize Warm-Season Grasses
If you do not have a fescue lawn, chances are it is either zoysia or Bermuda grass. These are warm-season grasses, so they need different treatment from fescue lawns to foster growth during the spring, summer, and early fall. Our fertilization plan for these grasses is as follows:
- The first fertilizer treatment is applied in April-June with a slow-release fertilizer to encourage new growth.
- The second is administered in June-August with slow-release, high-nitrogen fertilizer that supports root structure and color.
- The third and final fertilizer treatment is done in August-October to again help with any new growth.
No matter what type of grass you have, we do offer a seven-step lawn care program with different services tailored toward fescue, Bermuda, or zoysia.
Want your lawn to be green, healthy, and beautiful this year? Contact us for more information.
In Roswell, Woodstock, Alpharetta, and other areas of north Georgia, we specialize in creating healthy, beautiful, and green lawns for residential, commercial, and HOA properties. If you want one of the prettiest lawns in the area, our company can help. We have years of experience treating all types of grasses. Contact us at (833) 444-8873 to get more information or set up an estimate.